FOR OUR PRODUCTION ON THE PHILIPPINES WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A R&D MANAGER (M/F)
The position is responsible and accountable for the prototyping, research, development and engineering of innovative, Quality, safe, competitive and performing products. The position effectively and efficiently plans, organizes, leads, controls and manages the Research & Development Department in Cebu, Philippines. It aims to be the leader in
innovation using design-to-market cutting edge technologies in the furniture business.
It should maintain an effective and productive operation geared towards excellent Customer Service level, optimum utilization of resources and maintaining the Quality standards of all processes.
Manage internal procedure prioritization and outside relationships. Schedule and organize product development, product engineering, product testing and documentation plans. Write, evaluate and update functional and feature specifications and descriptions, user interface, project descriptions and objectives, and relationships to other systems. Write status reports and coordinate project resources.
A high degree of leadership and management competency is required to ensure that the Department meets internal Customer expectations in order to obtain smooth production flow. The position reports directly to the Creative Director and coordinates closely with the Product Managers for all Design Direction for a smooth turnover of products to manufacturing.
- Engineering graduate preferably a licensed Mechanical Engineer
- With at least 5 years experience in a manufacturing firm preferably with exposure on Research & Development, Product Engineering and/or Production from a furniture or
metal industry in Asia Pacific.
- Computer literate; with excellent English communication skills.
- Must have excellent leadership and analytical capabilities; high proficiency in mathematics and cost estimate analysis.
- Able to maintain focus and commitment in a fast growth environment.
- Proven leader, coach and developer of top talent.
- Possesses good interpersonal skills.