Who you are: You have a background in industrial or furniture design, engineering and production, or a related field. You are passionate about good design and have a keen interest in making state-of-the-art products. You have an intimate knowledge of the design process and possess the ability to take in and work with a broad scope of product development inputs and translate them into a clear, communicable and realisable development plan. You have a broad knowledge across a variety of disciplines, such as research and development, manufacturing, operations and project management. You are capable of breaking down complex challenges into small, achievable project steps. You have a practical, hands-on approach to management and prefer to lead your team by example.
HEAD OF PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT (all genders)
We are looking for a manager to head our product development team in Cebu, Philippines: HEAD OF PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT (all genders)
The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator, is passionate about creating beautiful high-quality products, approaches hard problems with enthusiasm and enjoys not only managing a team, but also designing and the design process itself.
In this role, you will be asked to lead a team, responsible for Product Development and Advanced Manufacturing Engineering. Together with your team, you will be responsible for converting the input from our design team into functional and producible products, including construction, prototyping, testing and manufacturing engineering.
- Management of our Product Development and Advanced Manufacturing Engineering team and our prototyping workshop
- Management of product development projects according to design specifications set by our product design team, as well as with respect to available production capabilities
- Delivery of development projects on time and within budget
- Ensuring a high product quality in design and in execution
- Creating, populating, maintaining and regular updating of product documentation, such as Product Requirement Sheets and Bill of Materials
- Creating high-level, accurate CAD models and technical drawings, in accordance with applicable norms and quality standards, to form the basis for a later production
- Design and production of jigs for work holding in production and quality control
- Promote a positive work environment within the team and make sure that every team member receives the necessary training and coaching to achieve their targets
- A degree in either product/industrial design, design for manufacture, manufacturing engineering, or similar and a strong understanding of industry relevant technologies
- 5 years of professional experience in the field of high-quality furniture development and production, or in a related industry
- Experience in managing a team of professional engineers
- Experience in managing complex projects
- Strong technical communication skills
- An open-minded, communicative personality with a high level of motivation
- Advanced CAD knowledge (preferably SolidWorks)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Being a native, or strong fluent English speaker is a must
- Proficiency in German is a plus
- Willingness to travel to productions worldwide, such as China, Indonesia, Germany and Italy, to name but a few
Please submit your application including earliest availability and indication of salary expectations to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Simon Geilen is looking forward to receiving your application.